Family-Based Immigration

Get Help from a Seasoned Immigration Attorney in Silver Spring, MD

If you need to make a petition for relatives to immigrate to the United States, our lawyers at American Legal Immigration Center, LLC, will be happy to help you with the process from the start until you are reunited with your loved ones. Keep in mind that you can also petition on behalf of future relatives such as a prospective adopted child or a fiancé.  


The family-based process requires, by nature, the involvement of two parties: a petitioner and a beneficiary. As a petitioner, your status in the United States will determine which relatives -current or future- can receive immigration benefits. 


You must be either a U.S. citizen, a lawful permanent resident, or have been recognized as an asylee or refugee within the past 2 years to petition for family members. Our family immigration law firm will be glad to advise you on which family members you may petition for and how.

Find the Assistance You Need At Our Family Immigration Law Firm

When you are considering bringing family members to the United States from another country, you must keep in mind that there are two categories of family-based immigrants:


  • Immediate Relatives: Anyone who is directly related to the family member who is a current U.S. citizen. This includes spouses, parents, and children under 21. In this case, only U.S. citizens above the age of 21 can advocate for their parents to obtain a green card. Using this method allows them quicker access to a green card.
  • Preference Relatives: This category includes anyone in your extended family, such as adult children (both married and unmarried) and siblings.

Our family immigration attorney will advise you on how to petition for your relatives to come to the United States. Get in touch with us now!

Advance Your Workforce With the Help of Our Employment Immigration Attorney

Certain occupations require theoretical and practical application of specialized knowledge, which encourages employers to look for workers abroad. If you are an employer who has found an individual capable of carrying out these complex duties and want to offer him/her a job in the United States, then you must file an H-1B petition for an employment-based visa. You can count on our H-1B lawyer to help you and the relevant foreign worker with the process.  


Likewise, our employment-based immigration attorney can help you petition for an executive or manager with specialized knowledge to be transferred from one of your foreign offices to your office in the United States, through the L-1 nonimmigrant visa program. Schedule a consultation at (240) 669-7596, or fill out our quick contact form. We’ll be glad to start working with you!

What our clients are saying

  • Andrew Benson Greene Jr. Avatar
    Andrew Benson Greene Jr.
    - Facebook

    A great call to the conscience! a call to action... read more

    Aaron Holloway Avatar
    Aaron Holloway
    - Facebook

    Phenomenal person, with a huge heart and very passionate about... read more

  • A great call to the conscience! a call to action for the truth often misguided. Indeed we all are immigrants.... read more

    Andrew Benson Greene Jr.
  • Phenomenal person, with a huge heart and very passionate about her work! Extremely thorough... You want her working on your behalf!

    Aaron Holloway
  • Nick Goines